FREE Subscriptions to this Site
updated January 11, 2017
I have recently decided to make all of the content on this website available for FREE.
here is my own personal collection of articles, resources, favorite links,
teaching ideas, and lesson plans. It encompasses many years, from the very beginning of my experience
studying and learning about Waldorf to the present time. People from all around the world
visit my site and recommend it to others. Welcome!
My background is eclectic:
- I have taught in both public and private schools and homeschooled
my own children.
- While attending
Smith College I was trained in the Reggio Emilia method and worked with preschool children at Fort Hill. Cathy Weisman Topal and Lella Gandini were both mentors.
- I received my public school certification for grades preK to 4. I have taught in Massachusetts, New Mexico,
and Maryland. I continue to hold MA and MD state teaching licenses and earned my APC (Advanced Professional Certificate, the highest
level) in MD after completing my M.S. degree in Curriculum & Instruction.
- I began my teaching work through Americorps on the Navajo Reservation in New Mexico, where I was trained in HighScope.
- I later
completed my Montessori Lower Elementary teacher certification for grades 1 to 3 (mixed age classroom, students age 6 through 9).
- I used the Waldorf method while homeschooling my children and began a
business as a Waldorf homeschool consultant, writing personalized curriculum for
families throughout the United States and Canada.
- I have attended many Waldorf workshops, conferences, and
seminars. I have participated in Waldorf homeschool teacher training (for grades 1 - 8) at Taproot
Farm with Barbara Dewey, taken several puppetry courses with Suzanne Down of Juniper Tree Puppets, and
attended AWSNA workshops at Sunbridge College, among other opportunities.
- I was also an invited speaker and workshop leader at the Washington DC area Bringing Waldorf Home annual conference for two years
in a row
where I presented elements of the Waldorf curriculum (grades 1 & 2, grades 3 & 4).
- Recently, I taught at an alternative school in Maryland where I used many elements of Waldorf
instruction in my classroom setting. Two of my daughters attended that school and the other attended a democratic (Sudbury) school.
I was asked to continue to work with this school as an Environmental Education consultant.
- I added a nature-based preschool in Amman, Jordan to my list of consulting clients, as they worked
to incorporate more aspects of Waldorf into their curriculum and philosophy.
- In August 2013, I received my M.S. in Curriculum & Instruction from McDaniel College.
- Since moving to Illinois, I worked most recently at a residential school for 6th to 12th grade students with complex learning disabilities, where I was
helping to develop the Agricultural Education program as a new curriculum offering.
- Last year I served on the board of a progressive school in my community; my husband has continued in my place.
- I had been hoping to begin my M.Ed. in Waldorf Education from Antioch University in New England in the summer of 2015
but then discovered that I was expecting again, so these plans were placed on hold while we welcomed a little boy into our family. Joyfully, I returned to being a stay-at-home mom!
- For the 2016-2017 school year I will be homeschooling a 6th and a 7th grader, with my oldest daughter beginning high school. My little guy will be a toddler.
- In April 2016 I began the online Waldorf Teacher Training Certificate Program offered by the Sophia Institute. I am SO SO
This site records my journey.
I hope my honesty is encouraging and helps break down some barriers that
may prevent people from trying Waldorf ideas. Because this is an ongoing site documenting my curriculum experiences and ideas, some materials
are more Waldorf-y than others. Please feel free to take what you like and leave the rest.
School Year 2016-2017
Please contact me if you wish to arrange a curriculum consultation.
I accept payment through PayPal as well as money order or barter (art/craft supplies, handmade items, children's books).
Learn more about budget-friendly consulting support!
~ ~ ~ Testimonials ~ ~ ~
Prefer to design your own school year with help from this website and free resources? Of course.
Here are just a few examples of the FREE curriculum units that you can download with ease:
- Kindergarten Curriculum Booklist
- Bridge Curriculum for 6 year olds
- First Grade Booklist
- First Grade Curriculum Overview (138 pages!)
- Fairy Tale Notes
- Second Grade Fables block
- Second Grade Saints block
- Second Grade Column Algorithms
- Third Grade Old Testament Stories block
- Third Grade Human Habitation block
- Third Grade Farming & Gardening notes
- Fourth Grade Introduction to Fractions
- Fourth Grade Norse Mythology I and II
- Fourth Grade Zoology I and II
As I change the website over to being free, some files may still require a username and password. Simply use the
username Waldorf and password Waldorf to access them. ** Mission Statement **